A lot has happened since I last posted. First, the football season for Southwest Baptist has wrapped up, but I didn't even have a weekend off, as we have already moved right into basketball season. This Saturday is in fact a major matchup, and in my case a major conflict of interest. SBU will be playing Drury, a matchup of two nationally ranked programs, and two programs to which I am closely tied. I have come to look at SBU as my team, since I ride the bus with, and have become good friends with many players and coaches. But since I am a Drury student, I still fear that some would be listening for a bias in my broadcasting. So this Saturday I will be going to Quincy, IL to broadcast the Women's game.
I love my job, and I have thoroughly enjoyed being the broadcaster for a university, but at times it has become interesting trying to deal with being a Drury student, while being the SBU announcer.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My big brother was a sports broadcaster on a local radio station when our hometown football team went to (and WON) state my senior year. Listening to him deal with his internal conflict of interest as the game went on was very amusing.. Way to make it through a sports season maintaining your impartiality!
Post a Comment