Sunday, September 21, 2008

Allow me to introduce myself

Let me take a second to explain the title of my blog. I work for the local sports station, JOCK 98.7 FM. I host a weekly radio show every Sunday from 1o noon, along with that I am also the radio broadcaster for Southwest Baptist University football and basketball teams. So, through this blog, I will be weighing in on issues around the wide world of sports, and local sports stories as well.

As I mentioned, I do play-by-play for SBU. Last season SBU was 0-11, and entering last week's game, they had lost 18 games in a row. Last Saturday SBU beat Harding University 43-31. SBU had not won two games in a row since 2001, until yesterday when they beat Bethany College 83-6! The program has been turned around by the head coach, Keith Allen. Coach Allen persevered pai`st a winless season in his first as head coach, and has turned the program around, reaching an even .500 at 2-2. Their two losses came against two very talented teams, one of them is in the same league as Missouri State and the other is considered by many to be the second best team in the state of Missouri.

As I mentioned, I will be discussing the entire world of sports, but the fact that a football program that was so terrible just last season, and has turned it around and in a big way! So in the coming entries I will keep you up to date on the SBU teams, and my road trips with the teams.

Thanks for you time,

Josh Thompson

No comments: